Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use a travel planner? Why should I use Place I Know? Isn't there a price markup when using a travel agent? Which destinations do you service? I already have my plane tickets. Can I still use your service? Can I still use my frequent flyer miles or hotel loyalty points?
Premium Travel Services
Who is this for? What do I get using the $20/day trip planning service? How long does this process take? What do you think about when planning my trip? What if I've already made some plans during my trip? How flexible are the itineraries you design? What if the weather interferes with plans on my itinerary? Do you offer a money-back guarantee?
When is the best time to book airfare? How can I find the cheapest airfare? How do you help me find good airfare deals? Do you charge a fee for airfare booking?
- Why should I use a travel planner?
- Using a travel agent, travel planner, or travel consultant is a great way to get personalized service so that your vacation is designed for you. Using an agent means you will gain access to deals you can't find elsewhere, knowledge you can't find using guidebooks or online travel review sites, and the peace of mind knowing that you have an expert travler at your side.
- Why should I use Place I Know?
- We go beyond a traditional travel agency by offering a full range of travel planning & consulting services, focused on specific destinations in which we have in-depth knowledge. We have lived and traveled extensively in these destinations, gaining knowledge in order to design the perfect vacation for you.
- Isn't there a price markup when using a travel agent?
- We do not charge any price markup on the flights, accomodation, tours, and other travel products we book for you.
- Which destinations do you service?
- We will book travel, including flights, hotels, activities, and restaurants, to any destination in the world.
For our premium travel planning & consulting service, please see our destinations page.
- I already have my plane tickets. Can I still use your service?
- Yes. We will be able to help you find a great hotel at your destination and within your budget, along with finding you great places to eat and things to do once you're there.
Premium Travel Services
- Who is this for?
- If you're the kind of person who prefers to go "off the beaten path", away from the places online travel sites and guidebooks recommend for everyone, then Place I Know is the place for you. We'll still help you see the sights while also giving you a more authentic, "how did they do that?" travel experience.
- What do I get using the $20/day trip planning service?
- 1) We gather more information about what you're looking for out of your vacation and provide you with truly unique experiences you won't find by searching online. You'll get custom recommendations for your meals, things to do throughout the day, detailed directions between destinations, and peace of mind knowing that your vacation is as unique as you are.
2) You'll also gain access to our concierge chat service, which is like having a travel guide in your pocket. Any time you have a question throughout your trip, you can send us a message and we'll reply within 1 hour.
3) A custom packing and fashion guide to help you blend in, no matter where you're going. If you're looking to shop on your travels, we'll also recommend the best places to pick up styles only the locals would know.
4) Finally, we help you get set up with mobile data plans so you can remain connected while abroad, and offer discounted photography equipment rental and tips for getting perfect vacation pictures.
See our Services page for more details
- How long does this process take?
- Once you submit a request we will schedule some time to discuss your travel plans and desires within 3 days. We will then provide you with a full itinerary in 5 business days, including unlimited revisions.
- What do you think about when planning my trip?
- Everything from your interests, passions, and hobbies down to your dietary restrictions is considered and accounted for. We'll find the most unique and memorable experiences for you while keeping you as comfortable as you want to be.
- What if I've already made some plans during my trip?
- We can work any existing plans for your trip into your custom itinerary. Just ask!
- How flexible are the itineraries you design?
- Some people prefer a flexible itinerary that permits them to move things around as they see fit, while others want a rigid itinerary so they stay on track throughout the day. We can accomodate any type of travel style when designing your trip.
- What if the weather interferes with plans on my itinerary?
- The value of using Place I Know is knowing that we keep track of the weather and suggest modifications to your itinerary to keep you comfortable. No more scrambling to find indoor activities when the weather won't cooperate – we've got it covered.
- When is the best time to book airfare?
- It depends! The best advice is to book as soon as you know the dates you want to travel. Generally, any travel booked less than 3 months ahead of your travel dates is likely to be more expensive. If you're flexible, avoid traveling during holidays in the country you're going to. This is where we can help with in-depth knowledge of holidays and other events in your destination country.
- How can I find the cheapest airfare?
- Get creative. One of the best ways we've found to maximize the value out of an international vacation is to find a plane ticket into one city and out of another, then connect the dots. Not only can this save you money on airfare, it also gives you the chance to explore more sights.
- How do you help me find good airfare deals?
- Since we're always on the lookout for flight deals, we find patterns among air routes and destination pairs. We also know when airfare is likely to be more expensive due to national and local holidays and events in certain countries. Finally, due to our partnerships with select airlines, we're able to find you deals you won't find on any online search tool. With these advantages, it's a great idea to talk to a travel agency like Place I Know for your airfare needs.
- Will you help me get around my destination?
- Navigating a new destination can be a frustrating experience, but we have you covered. Before you go and while you're there, we offer tips on navigating local public transportation, walking, bicycling, or hailing taxis. When using our premium travel services, we plan your day so you're never too far from each destination. You can put away your map and navigate with confidence and peace of mind.
Let's design your next journey.
Whether you need inspiration or have a destination in mind, let's chat — no strings attached.
Sign up for our email newsletter to stay on top of the latest vacation deals, travel journals, and inspiration.
(emails come less than once a week)